Owner and Hair Stylist at Flirt Urban Salon in San Diego
Joy is the owner of Flirt Urban Salon in Downtown San Diego as well as a top hair stylist and colorist. Keep reading to learn why Joy is an expert in the hair salon industry.
What is your educational background? (schools, trainings, etc):
- Paul Mitchell The School, San Diego
- Mane University
- 901 Academy: All About Brunettes, Color Correction, All About Blondes, Hairpainting, Cutting, Pretty Hair Styling
- Bumble and Bumble University: Design Workshop, Color I, Styling I &II, Razor Cutting , Balayage, Curling Iron Artistry
- Vidal Sassoon Academy: Cutting Course
- Josie Vilay and Glamiris Color Correction
- The Business of Balayage : Essentials and Advanced Balayage Certified
- The Habit Salon Education
- The Academy Ramirez Tran : Lived in Color and Lived in Cut
- SHworkshop: Briana Cisneros and Shannon Ha- Master Class
- Whittemore House Hair Paint Class
- Travis Parker Academy : Cutting Course
- Hair and Makeup by Steph Updo Class
- Nova Arts Academy
- Private Session with Sema Marie Hair
- Daniel M Dimensional Blondes Class
How long have you been doing hair? Almost 15 years
Why Hair? I love that hair is an ever-changing palette which allows me to create pretty hair in array of colors. My creativity and love for my craft allow me to connect with my clients and build fun long lasting relationships. I am so thankful that my job allows me the opportunity to help make people feel special while doing their hair!
What is your favorite product? I love Bumble and Bumble Dry Spun! It gives you texture and a lot of SASS! I also love Glow Bond-Building Styler for Shine, Softness, Repair,and Heat Protection. If you love volume as much as I do, I recommend a combo of Go Big Treatment and Thickening Great Body Blow Dry Creme!
What is your favorite tool? My favorite tool would be my 1.25” GHD Curling Iron.
What would you do if you didn’t do hair? I’d probably be a psychologist. They do call us “hairapists”, after all!
Where could we find you when you’re not at the salon? I live at the salon! Just kidding! I love to travel and discover new cities all over the world! Since I love take educational hair classes, I also get travel to different cities to learn from the best hairstylists. I love to learn and it keeps me inspired and allows me to be a better hairstylist for my clients! Last but not least, I love good food so your best bet is finding me at one of my favorite eating spots. If I’m not there, I’m at home cuddling with furry child or getting my sweat on at the gym ( well at least thinking about going to the gym).
Book an Appointment
Please text or email to book an appointment with hair stylist Joy at Flirt Urban Salon in Downtown San Diego:
- (858) 922-9660 ( text is best!)
- joy.flirtsalon@ gmail.com
- Find Joy on Instagram! @flirtwithjoy
- New Clients: Please send photos of your current hair and dream hair goals with your appointment request.
- Single Palette: $135+
- Partial Highlight: $265+
- Balayage / Babylights: $395+
- Color Gloss: $100+
- Haircut (Women): $100
- Color Correction: $175/hr
- Shampoo+ Blowout: $60
- Event Styling: $95 and up
- Wedding Hair: Please email joy.flirtsalon @ gmail.com
- Extensions: Consultation only
- Hair Color Pricing: On average, Joy’s clients spend around the following:
- Partial clients: $275-$325
- Balayage clients: $395-$450
- Color Correction clients: $600 and up
- How long are hair color appointments?
- Single Palette is 1+hours
- Partial 1.5+ hours
- Balayage / Babylights3 +hours
- Color correction 3+ hours